What is a Move-In Certified™ Home?
A Move-In Certified™ home is a Pre-Listing Inspection obtained by the Seller and a strategy that brings Buyers and Sellers closer together. It shows Good Faith on the part of the Seller while at the same time uncovering any unpleasant surprises. When Sellers know the condition of their property, it puts them in a stronger position to get their asking price. Often Buyers assume an older home needs a lot of work. A Pre-listing Inspection can dispel that fear.
A Move-In Certified™ home can help a sale move faster. A “clean bill of health” is an added incentive to buy. Buyers want to turn the key and
walk in. They don't want repairs, and no one wants surprises. If a Buyer knows they have to do some work before they make an offer, they can at least feel that they walked into the deal with both
eyes wide open – and they are much less likely to experience “Buyer’s Remorse” and back out of the deal.
A Move-In Certified™ home helps Sellers fend off demands for unrealistic price reductions to cover issues that the Buyer will discover anyways. Buyers typically expect a $2 to $3 price discount for every $1 worth of defects turned up by their inspector. But with their own report, Sellers can choose to spend a few hundred dollars fixing a small problem that might otherwise escalate into a buyer wanting $1,000’s off the price. These kinds of Buyer demands sometimes can “Blow Up” the deal, putting the Seller back at square one and wasting everyone’s valuable time.
A Move-In Certified™ home gives Sellers options. They can say to the Buyer: “Our inspection turned up these issues, so we took care of them and here are the receipts showing the repairs”. The Seller can also simply choose to disclose issues discovered by the inspection and adjust the asking price accordingly before an offer is made. This display of Good Faith by the Seller lets the Buyer know that the price of the home is a good, fair, and honest price.
A Move-In Certified™ Seller Inspection can help you close the sale.
Here are just a few of the benefits:
• It provides full-disclosure protection from future legal claims.
• The seller is given an opportunity to review and clarify the report before its distribution.
• Issues or repairs can be resolved ahead of time.
• A Move-In Certified™ inspection report can be used as a marketing tool to help sell the home, both at an open house and online.
• It can eliminate buyer’s remorse that sometimes occurs after a buyer’s inspection.
• It reduces the need for negotiations and 11th- hour renegotiations.
• Deals are less likely to fall apart when a buyer’s inspection unexpectedly reveals problems at the last minute.
ServingThe Entire Denver Metro Area. Including Aurora, Arvada, Centennial, Commerce City, Denver, Edgewater, Englewood, Greenwood Village, Golden, Highlands Ranch, Lakewood, Littleton, Lone Tree, Sheridan, Thornton, Wheat Ridge, and Westminster.
Metro Home Inspection
Address: 740 Pearl St #403, Denver, CO 80203